Wednesday 30 December 2015

2015 in Retrospect: Popular Posts and My Favourites


So another prolific year behind me, this time actually on two blogs, so if you count those reviews as well, I've written 236 posts. My blog had it's fifth birthday in September and I reached two million views not long after, which is just insane because this means I had a million just this year (gosh, I sound braggy), I updated it visually in August and I currently have most followers on Instagram instead of Bloglovin'. So yeah, big things happened this year, but not all good as I found five (there are probably more) complete copies of my blog. Some people are just the worst. 

I don't think I have changed much in the last year. I still do my type of in-depth reviews, my long new ins, favourites and I still take pictures for the blog with a smartphone. However, a lot has changed in the blogging world this year and the saddest thing to me is that a lot of my favourites simply stopped blogging or do it very sporadically. But I understand life gets in the way. I miss reading about favourites or drugstore discoveries on other blogs. I'm not saying there aren't any, but there is significantly less of such posts and videos as in the past when the raves about products actually felt genuine. But never mind my rambling...I still have my trusted set of bloggers, who are mostly Slovene and I'm glad us "oldies" still do the same thing.

So like every year and for every anniversary, I prepared a little recap with most read posts and those I most enjoyed making as well as posts on other blogs that I liked so much they ended up either on my Pinterest board, Bloglovin saves or bookmarked. Lets start with six most read posts in this year. Images are links to the posts. By the way, if you're interested in last year's version it's here.

Most read posts in 2015




My favourites
Last year I selected just five posts to highlight, but I had to include more this year. These are the posts I most enjoyed working on and mostly took forever to do.



Posts and videos I enjoyed in 2015
I've done this two years in a row already as I like to share other peoples work that I admired. When I like a post, I either pin it or save it on Bloglovin' (or I just remember it) and at the end of the year I pick those that were my absolute favourites. I picked 18 posts, but of course I'd love to share more, though you can find plenty of links to blogs on my Blogs I Heart page.


I'll do special mentions as well because they deserve it (the blogs are in Slovene): Keep calm and Wear Lipstick,  La dolce VitaMy Little WonderlandNail 2 Express, Sugarlove blog, (blogs in English): Kiss & Makep Beauty BlogPolished'95, The Beauty of Nail Polish, UniqaPoly, (in German): The life in front of my eyes. I'm sure I've forgotten a few...

This is my last post this year, so I want to wish you a happy new year and thank you for every comment, subscription, save on Bloglovin', pin on Pinterest, like on Facebook, Instagram and just for reading my posts. Stay awesome, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment