Thursday 15 October 2015

Bourjois La Laque 7 Lycheers


Bourjois released their version of gel formula inspired nail polishes a while ago and in doing so joined the not so exclusive club of drugstore brands that did the same in the past couple of years. Their selection of shades is pretty basic and cute, but Lycheers grabbed my attention because I have nothing similar and I find it quite unique. I've had it for several months now, but kept putting off posting a review about it because to me it's an autumnal shade, so it'd be weird posting about it in august.


Lycheers is a medium dirty/retro rose-pink shade or a pinker version of the marsala shade. Actually the lid of Rouge Edition Velvet in 07 Nude-ist is almost exactly the same shade and the products make a pretty cute almost matchy-matchy combination. I loved the look of it in the bottle, but I'm still not sure about it on my nails. It's pretty, but I like other shades more on my nails.  It has this brownish tone to it on me that makes it look too grandma's dress from the 70's, but it's warming up to me a lot more since the temperatures dropped and we eased into autumn.


The formula is a gel inspired one, which means it's very pigmented and you can get away with one coat, but even on me one coat chips within a day, so I apply another and then it lasts the usual amount of time on me. The formula is ok, but after trying so many gel inspired formulas it takes a lot to truly impress me. Sometimes I feel it's already too thick, then sometimes I don't - I've never been fussy about nail polish formulas to be honest (expect some pastels *coughs* Essie's Fiji *coughs*). 


The packaging is interesting because of the wedge design. The brush is a classic one and I wish it were wider, but it works fine.


These cost 7.19 € in Műller, which is quite expensive for a drugstore nail polish, I waited for a discount to get it. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment