Sunday 27 September 2015

Essence I Love Extremes Volume Mascara Waterproof


You know if handed me this formula in a fancy Lancome tube, I would totally believe it's the real deal. Super volumising, lengthening, doesn't smudge, flake, the brush isn't as clumsy as at Lash Mania and it keeps the eyelashes curled all day. It fits all of my requirements - it's near perfect.


The brush/wand is a classic one, but as it's almost standard for Essence, it's huge. Luckily it isn't as clumsy as Lash Mania's though I can't claim I can do a smudge free application. There isn't as much product on the wand as at Lash Mania, in fact the formula is considerably drier (at that one is was just a bit too wet when new) and the formula is better distributed due to bristles being a lot more dense, so with this one I don't have to reach for an old mascara wand to comb the lashes. They aren't completely separated that would be odd to expected from any mascara without a plastic comb, but it's not clumped and it's separated enough.


The formula is a complete winner for me. It holds curl so well and the lashes don't drop no matter how many coats you apply. It doesn't smudge or flake off, but just stays on the lashes like it should. This of course means it's a bitch to remove, but I'm completely used to it by now, in fact I find regular formulas weird by now. I use either a duo-phase remover or an oil and it works fine. I tested under a shower and it flaked only a tiny bit, and I really mean a tiny bit, like one of two flakes. When I touched the lashes, then it flaked off on my fingers. And the lashes dropped, of course, but that's expected.

I'm also wearing it here if you want to see a full face picture.

The packaging is so childish. Who comes up with the mascara packaging at Essence? It looks like it was drawn in a comic book. But I forgive them, it's the product that matters and it works fine.


I flipping love this mascara! I'm not going to say it's as good as Lancome's because that one makes my lashes like angels themselves drew them on my face, but this one is pretty darn close. And so much cheaper, like sooo much. I'll definitely be repurchasing this one a lot, just don't discontinue it Essence. You can discontinue everything else, I don't care, but don't touch this. Oh, and the Big Bright Eyes Pencil and Frappuccino lip liner. Don't touch that either or we'll have a problem.

I got mine in DM for 2.99 €. Those who don't have Essence counters in their country can get on Beauty Crowd.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment